Gloversville Public Library Restoration Progress
The column capitals have been reset at the Gloversville Public Library in Gloversville, NY. The decorative masonry units represent the first of many pieces required to reconstruct the restored terra cotta arch above the entryway. The library was constructed in 1904 under grant funding provided by Andrew Carnegie and is undergoing a major restoration and renovation. The terra cotta arch above the main entrance has been removed and will be fully restored as part of this work. Ryan Biggs | Clark Davis provided structural engineering services related to the restoration and support of the one-of-a-kind terra cotta entry structure, as well as design services for two building additions on the rear of the library.