Hadley “Bow” Bridge over the Sacandaga River
Town of Hadley, Saratoga County, NY
The Hadley “Bow” Bridge, the only remaining “half-deck” lenticular truss bridge of the two or three ever built, was constructed in 1885 atop foundations from an earlier bridge constructed in 1813 and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. However, the bridge was closed to all vehicular traffic in 1983 because of severe deterioration. Furthermore, the bridge deck was removed in 2000 when it was no longer safe for pedestrian use. Saratoga County planned to dismantle the superstructure but delayed this action at the request of several historical preservation groups.